At Mamey our team takes the utmost care to provide a safe environment for our staff and guests. In light of the pandemic we have taken extra precautions to ensure that you can enjoy your food and drinks knowing full well that we are going above and beyond what is required. Our collective well-being is top priority, please read below to see what we are doing. We thank you in advance for your trust and understanding.
- Washing hands every 30 minutes and after dropping plates and glassware in the dish pit.
- Hand sanitizers and wipes to be made available near every station in the restaurant including back of house.
- Make masks available and mandatory for all. Each staff member will receive one at the beginning of each shift and dispose of it at the end of the shift.
- Scheduled sanitizing of all shared surfaces every 30 minutes including doors and door handles to entrances of the restaurant and bathroom.
- Floor must be swept as food falls on the floor, especially behind the line.
- Increased cleaning across the board with an external agency deep sanitation every week.
- Ban physical contact (no handshakes, high fives, fist bumps etc.).
- Hair must be pulled back, and tucked away behind ears.
- Facial hair must be kept trimmed low at all times.
- Nails must be kept clean and at a short length and be checked by supervisor once a week.
- Uniform must be completely spotless every day including shoes and aprons.
- Prepare staff to cover one another’s shift in the event that someone has symptoms and needs to stay home.
- Keep a laminated sheet that is visible to every team member that lists clinics nearby and COVID-19 testing sites.
- The Food & Beverage industry does not allow one to work from home. Ensure your team that there are risks with serving the public. Give them the option to decline employment but also assure them that we are doing our best to keep our team members safe and protected at all times.
- Encourage your team to travel for the moment. If they choose to do so, they will have to self-isolate for 14 days.
- Invest in contactless thermometers and enforce daily, mandatory temperature checks for the team upon arrival. Anyone with a fever or other COVID-19 symptoms gets sent home.
- Limit tastings with beverage and food reps and have them send samples instead.